View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2015, 12:22 AM   #15
Electronic M
ninjette.org member

Name: Dima

Motorcycle(s): zx10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i don't think you are fully grasping the relationship between power and gas consumption...

more power = more gas consumption.

if you want more power and better gas consumption, simply buy a second bike that is very powerful. now you have power, and you have a bike that has good gas consumption... 70mpg is fairly ambitious without proper streamlining IMO, unless you want to cripple the bike.

liter bikes only get 40mpg when you have the throttle closed... try going fast on a literbike, you will quickly see that mpg drop like a brick
By making the engine more efficient, you can gain power and fuel consumption. I own a liter bike that I managed to get 50mpg out of while trapping 150+mph in a 1/4 mile with few mods, so I got more power and better gas mileage at the same time.

I want to have a bike that is very practical and efficient and I think a 300 or maybe even 250 ( converted to efi) would make a perfect platform for something like that, plus I'd like to see what mods will make the biggest difference. Stock ecu will probably be first thing to go, then gearing, maybe forced induction or engine work.
Electronic M is offline   Reply With Quote