View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #14
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Talking ScraitT

I got behind a few dump trucks and lines of 2-3 cars that were impossible to pass. Taking a mt corner at 20 mph when my bike could easily take it at 35 is a bit frustrating, especially for miles at a time. The 650, I would assume, will give over 2.5 times the amount of power as my 250. From what I've learned, the 650 is really powerful and strong in the 5-7 RPM, but it redlines early, around 10RPM, so its gears are longer too. Honestly, in the mts, I would LOVE longer gears. On my hubby's 600 CBR, he never had to snick it out of 2nd in the twisties, even for most of the shorter straights, whereas I felt the need to be anywhere from 2nd-4th depending on the tightness of the approaching corners. Constantly down/upshifting was a bit limiting. It would be great (in my opinion) to be on a bike with longer gears, especially when going from straights to tight corners.
For passing power and longer gears, I think a 650 may be my perfect bike. Don't get me wrong though...I am in love w/ my 250 and will NEVER want to stop riding it permanently! It is SUCH a nimble bike in the corners! Wow! I LOVE my bike! Ally
PS. I've posted action shots of me on the Dragon on the "pictures" section of this forum in the "girls on bikes rock" thread, the last page.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote