Old June 24th, 2018, 04:02 PM   #92
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
This tells me you are not in a good location to learn to ride. That's not the type of thing you want to happen when learning.

Not trying to be a kill-joy here, but there are too many things going on here that may lead to dangerous situations.

As I said before, I feel you should hold off until you have completed your Basic Rider course.
i am in a super ****** location when it comes to learning to ride, I figured that out before I started lol. that suv was the only car i saw on my street while i was out this morning. I keep my eye and ears open, I start out on the side of the road, not in the middle of it. while the suv was a fluke, that i didn't notice due to having just stalled her, I'm going to have to be around cars eventually. there will always be a risk no matter how good i get. this morning made it painfully obvious that my lack of practice in the last few weeks led to a loss in muscle memory in regards to clutch and throttle. i need to practice more, not less. i do know that it is only safe to do so on one early morning of the week (sunday), and that is the only time I take her out.

edit to add - and the brc is just going to have me in a flat parking lot. that's not going to give me any help in getting off a hill. you guys are giving me sound advice on that issue. that was the main issue of the morning. from what i've read on reddit with some people that have recently taken the msf, its so watered down these days that they barely spend any time on the friction zone at all. they talk about it, show you how to do it real quick, and move on. won't know if ohio's class is the same way until i get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THusker View Post
Glad to see your still determined to work at it, but jkv45's advice to wait till you take the course might be worth listening too. It's only a few weeks away.
Otherwise try earlier in the morning before the jerks are out and about!
My favorite rides are Saturday morning at sunrise. Low traffic and cool temps.
I got on her at 6am this morning. It was just getting light out as I was getting her and myself ready. everybody except for dumb suv was still in bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Yeah sunrise! I love seeing sunrise as I cross Bay Bridge into San Francisco!
am i the only one who loves sunsets????? nothing prettier than the sun setting on the beach behind some palm trees.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote