View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:34 PM   #24
NinjaDaddio
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ron

Motorcycle(s): 1993 Kawasaki Ninja 500R (father) & 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (son)

Pathetic when I'm talking Synthetic!

You are all exactly right. I went back to Wally World and checked out the jugs of Rotella T6 they had on the shelf,..and it is indeed marked "JASO MA". I think what threw me off was an area in the ratings section that was printed as "MB Approval 228.31". I was quickly scanning all of the synthetic oils for that infamous "MA" marking and simply came across the MB area first. So,...sorry I added all this confusion to the Rotella series. I do wish that I could find the deals on T6 that most of you seem to come across. I ended up picking up the 1 gallon jug of T6 for $24.99 at Autozone. Wally had it a little higher. I'm going to run the T6 in both my Ninja250 and Ninja500,...and then next change switch over to the comparable Amsoil product. That way I'll be able to determine which one allows for easier shifting on both bikes,...and perhaps cooler operating temps. Anyone use the Mobil 1 Racing T4 oil? What about the Repsol reference I saw in another posting? I've never even heard of that oil.
NinjaDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote