Old April 28th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #41
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
He wasn't saying it looked stupid. But it looks imassculine.
Imasculine and homosexual are not synonymous.

Story time.

I'm very straight, but I'm not a big beefy masculine guy. I'm kinda young looking and don't grow a lot of facial hair. I'm also not 'super macho bro dude' when I talk. I'm an average engineering student, not the alpha male type.

To contrast that, my best friend since middle school has been biking and running with me forever. We are members of the same church, and each of our families have practically adopted the other as a member of their own. He's always been a lady's man, he's had a face full of hair since he was in 8th grade (no joke, he gets a 12:00 shadow and a 5:00 shadow), he kicks my ass on a bicycle, can run further and faster than I can, can lift more weight than I can, and can drink me under the table at will. After a long fight with depression in high school, he decided to finally make his sexual preference public. He's gay, yet he's more masculine than many guys I know. You know what we do in our free time? We cat-call at ladies and call them names because it's fun.

/Story time

I'm not being hyper-sensitive or overly PC. I just don't like when people call things 'gay' when they really mean it's just undesirable or stupid or weird or annoying, etc etc. Just use the word you mean. It's English, there's plenty of words to pick.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote