View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2017, 01:51 PM   #21
Aldent
ninjette.org member

Name: Zavier

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten1 View Post
there is no reason to have a course after august in MI. there wouldnt be enough people.

the classes in the spring sell out in the winter.

Depending on where you are, Biker bobs does the class all the time, you just have to pay more than the $30 that you would for the state MSF class.

Where in MI?
Can I PM you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeLDub View Post
Damn... Minimum in PA for me (24 years old, less than a year's experience, and 1 traffic infraction) was only $79/year. I increased a few things and am now paying $89.
In MI there's a mandatory MCCA fee of $170. Without that, my quote would be around $36/year.

I am quoting a pdf I found on michigan.gov,

"Michigan is the only state that offers unlimited personal injury protection benefits. These benefits are offered through no-fault auto insurance policies. The Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association (MCCA) reimburses no-fault auto insurers for amounts paid in excess of $555,000 per claim.

Your auto insurer is responsible for, and pays, the MCCA assessment. However, the cost is often passed on to policyholders."

So it's a double-edged sword here; no fault insurance, but it's mandatory and will cost ya.

On another note, I got a reply from the college I emailed, they confirmed they stopped the MSF course for the year and will resume next year in May.
Aldent is offline   Reply With Quote