View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2017, 09:59 AM   #15
Demonik
V-Twin Addict

Name: Robert "Doc"

Motorcycle(s): '99 Buell X1, '09 Buell 1125CR,'10 Kaw EX250 (down to one), '13 MV Agusta F3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalFlavored View Post
How hard is it to remove the carb? I think I have something stuck in my Jets, it takes a minute for the bike to start up right.
It takes about 10 minutes to collect the proper tools and safety equipment, 30 to remove the carbs, however long you take to clean them, 20-30 to reassemble, 10 minutes to clean up tools, 5 to wash hands.

I'm HIGHLY tempted to make a comprehensive video of this process on a stock 2010 with the airbox so that people can see how simple it really is, after reading about all the people who went running and pulling their hair out screaming about how crazy it was to work around the airbox drop or manifold lineup.

It's literally a non-issue. You just need some zen, a calm, well lit, warm place to work and the right tools for the job. Don't rush it and you won't have a searing back pain from bending over the bike making you want to rush and pry things or hack things off of it. Don't be afraid to stop and look at instructions.

"I wrecked a moped once trying to pick up bitches in front of a party doing a stoppie" 14/10 would do again.
Demonik is offline   Reply With Quote