View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2014, 05:55 PM   #68
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

My Wife (Cheryl) my friend (Edward) and I will be at the March event. I hope Edward will be able to do the same Track day as me this summer but he will most likely just be watching. My wife is not ready to hit the track yet but I hope when she walks the track in March she might change her mind and try at least one trip. Other than that I am all ready to get out there and see what its all about. My reason for not bringing the Ducati is that it is all perfect and has hardly a scratch on it after 11 years of service and I don't think I would be able to fully focus and enjoy my first trip to the track if I was so worried about crashing that bike. A 2003 Ducati 999 might not be that great a bike to some people but to me this is second only to my wife! I don't want to learn a new track, focus on riding technique and worry about my bike at the same time. I am not afraid to crash just afraid to crash that bike. I will still get points for showing up and riding and I may bring it to a later track day I just have never been to the track and that gives me some reservations especially with a bike that requires a lot of throttle control.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote