Old April 25th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #13
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
Hey thanks for the review, Floyd. BTW, which model A*s and Tourmaster products were they? I'd like to stay away from those if possible.
The crap A*s are the Parlor boots, which aren't really motorcycle boots at all, as it turns out. They inspired the "Worst Gear You Ever Bought" thread. I was totally suckered in by the brand name thinking A* could make a decent boot I could wear at work. My bad, really, don't know what I was thinking. The crap Vegas are the Vega Merge boot, a reinforced high-top style boot. Apart from fallacy that a high-top style boot could be very protective, the laces on those lasted 1 week - the cover over the laces rips them to shreds. Same with the replacement laces.

A few hundred bucks later, I finally admitted that I can't wear boots that don't look like motorcycle boots and protect myself adequately. So I got over my fear of looking like a boy racer in the grocery store or on my way to work and bought real boots - the Tourmaster Solution boots. They are actually very good boots, especially for the price and for wet weather. I would recommend them, but they are too hot for the tropics and the fit isn't quite as good for me as the BiLTs. I've also had the zipper catch on the material a few times. Still good boots, but because of heat for me the BiLTs are more comfortable at a lower price.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote