View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2018, 01:35 PM   #1
Steve_NW
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Owned previously: 1998 Bandit 1200, 1989 GB500, 1976 CB400F (x3), 1974 CB550K

New member returning to the Ninja 250

Hello,

Longtime lurker, new member. Thanks for this community and resource.

About me, FWIW:

I'm not new to motorcycles or the Ninja 250. I owned a '99 for about ten years, and for four of those years I commuted full-time on it whenever there wasn't snow on the ground.

I didn't start with the EX250. After many years of classic Hondas I modernized with a Bandit 1200, the first bike I owned on which I didn't need to fix anything or undo a previous owner's butchery or chase after deferred maintenance. Luxury! But I quickly decided I wanted to do better than 35mpg and didn't need to go 100mph on freeway interchanges.

Enter The Ninja. With Gen Mar risers, cheap hippo hands, an electric vest, and an Aerostich suit it served me very, very well. I kept it longer and put more miles on it than any of my previous bikes.

But I sold it a couple of years ago when circumstances changed. Now I'm commuting again and I'm looking to get back into the game (and the carpool lane) with another 250.

When I get one I'll have questions that I haven't seen answered here or at ninja250.org, but for now I want to be able to see the photos of the cool stuff you're doing to your bikes.

Thanks,
Steve

Last futzed with by Steve_NW; October 21st, 2018 at 11:43 PM.
Steve_NW is offline   Reply With Quote