Old June 21st, 2009, 05:19 PM   #15
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post

Sorry, Rant On... <rant>

WTF is it with you new people that don't fully suit up when you ride? I don't care what your excuses are, it's not gonna help you if you don't suit up, crash, THEN think about buying some protective gear. Don't you realize it can happen to any one of us? You are not so special that you are exempt from the possibility of ever going down, especially when you've been riding for less than a year!!! Close to 50% of 250 riders will drop their bikes withing the first year of ownership.

Read some posts and learn something for once, unless you enjoy wearing a cast or going to the ER room. Don't give me any BS about it was unavoidable or it wasn't your fault. You're on the bike, it's your responsibility to minimize getting hurt.

Too many of you are crashing... period! Some have been luckier than others, but the main point is the lack of safety gear most are wearing. It's not a fashion show people!! It's about getting gear that protects you more than jeans or tennis shoes and using it... even if you do sweat while you're sitting at a stop.

So gear up and expect the unexpected... and stop thinking about "upgrading" when you can't even ride a glorified scooter properly!

Consider this my Father's day gift to you.

<rant off>

Amen to the gear part, and also to the upgrade part. 3 months and 1000 miles on a 250 does NOT qualify you for a bigger bike, regardless of how much you THINK you know!