View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2019, 07:42 PM   #35
Zolland
ninjette.org member

Name: Zac

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250R

Well, I was lifted up and then crushed all within the span of a couple hours.

I adjusted the valves (which took me 2 tries and about 6 hours) and finally got the bike running again! It runs perfectly and all the idle problems are completely gone. I was super excited and put everything back together, and then everything started going wrong.

To start, my plastics don't fit anymore... I'm not sure why but the top fender was a bit hard to get into the right spot and everything else was fighting so hard to get into position. I couldn't even get the bottom fender on. Maybe the tank isn't in the exact position?? Or I'm using the wrong bolts in certain places (I made sure the tank ones were correct). Is there a chart anywhere that says exactly which go where?

Then I rode a bit and realized there was a TON of oil leaking out from the valve cover... like all over the place and hitting the exhaust pipe and blowing smoke everywhere. I have the new gaskets on order but used the old ones this time just to get it running. I guess the new ones will probably help (didn't think it would make this much of a difference) but I had a quick question here. According to the wiki the bolts at the top should be finger tight then twisted an 1/8th of a turn... that seems super loose, is that right? I barely felt any resistance when I was putting those in.

And finally, after getting my bike back into the parking spot I realized the fan isn't working anymore. So I guess I need to investigate that too.

I really botched this one guys. Apparently I need to pretty much take the thing apart all over again because I think I messed up just about everything I touched except for the valves...

To conclude, thank you guys so much for all the help and info. I'm so grateful for all the help I've gotten thus far. If it isn't too much, I just need a little more help getting out of this mess I've caused

Edit: Should I just make a new thread?
Zolland is offline   Reply With Quote