View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2018, 08:06 AM   #4
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
Hi, everyone, I've missed you guys lots! I'm getting super close to having all the cash to get my own bike and have 2 questions.

A friend keeps telling me that there is no way I would be able to get a bike in my apartment. going by his experience with bikes (which is lots), he questions whether it would be possible to get the bike straight enough to go through the front door, if I could even get it over the small step in front of the door. He says the only way to get it straight would be to ride it up a small incline through the grass yard and then I would still have to get it over the step.

Now, I have known multiple people in the past that have kept their bikes in their apartments (even a huge harley in a living room), so what would I have to do to get this bike in there after I get it home? I've seen things like lazy susans for bikes but would that be needed?

question #2. I've looked all over trying to get an answer to this one. In the state of Ohio, do you have to have your permit before you can purchase the bike? I obviously wouldn't try riding it home either way because the bike shop and the way home is in a crazy traffic area, but I didn't know if that mattered. I know this differs from state to state. Getting the permit is proving to be the hardest part for me because I need glasses to pass the eye exam and I can't even get the day off to do that. I've tried, and every time I've managed to get one off last minute the place I can afford has no appointments available.

thanks for any help guys and gals, I'm getting there
You could fabricate a wooden ramp that would be portable and install the ramp when you needed to. I got a Norton Interstate still in the crate down three steps into the basement of my apartment. Then assembled it and used part of the packing crate as a ramp to start it and walking along side of it powered it up the ramp and out of the basement. You're problem is no biggie. Get a friend to ride your bike home or rent a 12' Penske truck ( don't rent an 18' truck or you'll need help getting it off the truck). In every state I've ever lived in a driving permit or license is not required to buy a motorcycle. What if an elderly aunt wanted to buy a motorcycle for her nephew for his birthday? Yeah, right.

Bill