View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:14 PM   #1
fishguy
rack maker

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '07 Ninja 250

What I've done...

Bought my '07 new for a song in mid-March '08. I've put about 12k miles on is since and made a few changes.

First change was a new windscreen from Mike's Shields. Went with a new style he was just starting to think through. Really reduced the buffeting at speed and I think looks pretty good.

Next swapped the front sprocket to a 15 tooth which I really like... makes the power much more usable for the driving I do.

Also added a mount for my Nuvi and clock...

I needed some luggage for commuting and touring. It went through a few iterations before I finally got it dialed in to just what I want.

Started out with a rack and a sissybar (for my 5yo daughter).

Added some saddlebags and a soft-cooler tailbag and went camping...

Had to move the rear signals to accommodate the bags.

It all worked great but I wanted something a little more secure for my commute so I took off the sissybar and added one of the super special $47 large top cases from JCW

I wanted a bit more light on the rear because we get very dense fog here in the winter I want to be seen! So, I bought some LED strips from superbrightleds.com and went to work.

now I have extra running lights

Brake lights

and blinkers

Had to change tires at 4800 because I was to the cords on the stock crap tires. Went with the Kenda 671's and have been very happy with them. Have 7+k on them now and it looks like I'll get another 2-3k. They stick way better than stock and are cheap... will definitely replace them with the same.

I replaced the rear shock with the air shock from a ZX600. Very nice change. Just need to do some front suspension work now!

Let's see, only other mod I think is the Vista Cruise. I didn't go the usual route with the universal because I think it's ugly as sin lol. I found a way that you can trim down and instal the normal type for a honda or yamaha... just takes trimming off the tap on the vista cruise, doing a bit of sanding on the throttle sleeve, drilling a hole and pushing in a roll pin. I'll see if I can find a picture for that one if anyone is interested..
fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote