Thread: Winter gear...
View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #34
spooph
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
McDonald, I just had my local shop order whatever should fit best. He told me they run about $25, and they're for ATV's, not specific to the ninjette at all. I don't think they're really hippo hands either. Once I get my hands on them I'll post up more info for you...

Cromwell, concerning the eyes - tears are still OK, once your eyes start to dry out, and it gets painful to close them, that's a bit of problem cause they can't focus anymore... I say this so that you know I know what you're dealing with.... What do I do? Close all the vents, use cotton balls to stopper up any other holes. Seal that helmet up. Wear a large scarf (or in my case - a sweater with a massive collar, the seals the helmet from the bottom, enough to allow exhalation, and to block the majority of air flowing in. To stop fogging, pinlock, cat crap, and there are many other options. According to the guy at my shop, the insert he's getting me for the shoei is not the pin-lock option, and that pinlock got their idea from these people and their design. It's a $25 sticky insert, and should work across helmet manu's. I'll post. Also:

http://www.respro.com/products/racin...ng/foggy_mask/

In the past, I've found with a foggy, the cotton balls, and cat crap the fogging has never gotten very bad, and that's maybe $30 worth of stuff (I got my foggy for $15 a few years back), and I've had luck into the negative digits...

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote