View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #2
DerTeufel
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2009 KTM 690 SMC, 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750 (track bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james.gravley View Post
Hey guys I have a 2010 Ninja 250. I just replaced the brake lines with Galfer SS lines. Here is my current issues (mind you, I am a newb, but I am learning). I am attempting to bleed the brakes. When I pump the front brakes, there is no engagement of the caliper. I have opened to bleeder valve and allowed the fluid to flow through, so I know there is fluid in there. I have tightened the bolts and filled the reservoir. so.....?????

Upon trying to bleed the rear brakes, I have engagement and I have successfully bled some air from the lines. However, the brake still is not fully engaging. I have pumped and pumped but nothing. so.....?????

Please help!! I replaced the pads as well. I am not sure whats going on, and the tutorials and DIYs (I have read and watched many) make it seem a lot easier than it is proving to be. Thanks!!
You most likely still have air in the system. The easiest way is to use a vacuum bleeder, but I hand bleed my brakes. Don't pump the brake lever like crazy, do it slowly until you feel pressure, crack the bleeder then close it quickly. Repeat until the only thing coming out of the bleeder is fluid.

Edit: I should also add that you need to bleed at the master cylinder first. Build pressure, crack the banjo fitting at the master cylinder, then do the banjo fitting at the caliper, then the caliper bleeder.
DerTeufel is offline   Reply With Quote