View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2015, 06:01 AM   #16
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
Personally I just don't use 'em because it hinders my ability to ride in the rain.
Never had much of a problem actually riding in the rain. I had some issues 2 times out of 3 years that i can think of with the bike sitting in the parking lot during a long heavy rain storm while I was a work and the filter got wet while it was sitting, wasn't the end of the world or anything, the bike still ran.

Could easily just take a plastic bag with me and put it over the filter if I expect rain but it happens so rarely I don't even care

As far as Pods being the devil on the CV carbs there is next to no proof available that this is the case. Sure the science/physics of it all says that it is not how things are supposed to work but clearly they work pretty well. There are probably 1000's of ninjette owners with pods and several regulars members including myself who have never had a single problem over several years of riding. On top of that there are tons of dyno charts of bikes with pods that have great power curves

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote