View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2016, 11:56 AM   #761
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Some of my quotes to a fairly new rider that crashed on his second session of the day.

Quote:
Throughout the day, we are going to systematically remove most of the doubts that you will make it though any given corner...
Quote:
When you're done, you're done... throw a hand up and come in. No harm, no foul.
Quote:
The bike responds to your inputs both good and bad. Knowing what NOT to do is equally important as knowing what you should do.
Quote:
Establish 3 markers per corner, turn in, apex and exit. Do your best to make your front wheel hit those markers ever lap. Why? Because doing the same thing that got you through last lap will get you through the next lap too.
Quote:
Despite what you might think, the bike going where you look is a BAD thing. From this point on and forever more... I want you to work on breaking the connection between your brain and steering the bike. Don't believe me? Tell me how I looked backward at you all day and not crash? Your goal is to go where you look "on purpose" vs "by accident."
Quote:
Friends do not let friends apex early. lol
Quote:
There is nothing more confidence inspiring than knowing you can steer the bike quickly and accurately enough to put your bike on a good line.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.