View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2016, 11:10 AM   #17
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinNinja View Post
Have you ever ridden one? Dealt with one? Put some miles on one?

I suggest you might want to try one and see what they're really like. From a mechanical engineering point of view, they are works of art.
I am just busting balls, don't take it personally lol. because I call something over priced doesn't mean i am saying its not a "good" product. Its like paying for $500 sunglasses that do the same thing as $10 ones from walmart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
Have you taken the MSF class (or similar)? You've posted quite a bit about problems riding and controlling the bike. We were all n00bs at one time, but starting off with good instruction seems to always help. If you're just trying to learn as you go or from friends, you could miss important things or even learn bad habits. I think everyone would agree that it's better to make the bike fall less, than to make it more resistant to damage when it falls.

You mentioned not wanting to lower the bike, but that might be the best way to go for now. New links are pretty cheap, and having a bike that you can solidly control can help you learn and build confidence. Once you're comfortable like that, you can put the stock links back on and it should be easier to handle, even if you can't reach quite as well as you'd like.
The only "problems" I have really had is learning to use a clutch ( never driven a manual anything) and "emergency stops" other than that the things I have posted were backing up on a bike I dont think an MSF course is going to make me taller. Also have had problems with vandalism and I dropped the bike, but people who have ridden for years have dropped their bike too.. so I don't know.

Edit: I also want to add being taller or lowering the bike 2" is not going to help much with not dropping it. Once it starts tipping and gets past 15 or 20 degrees lean angle, that bike is damn heavy and is going over if you have both feet on the ground or is youre tip toeing it. This is why guys in really low cruisers still drop their bikes
ZeroGravity360 is offline   Reply With Quote