View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:25 PM   #105
satur9
ninjette.org newbie

Name: phill

Motorcycle(s): madass

actually. thats the only reason I signed up here. he is in ne ohio as am I. but a bike other than a ninja is a little out of his wheelhouse. so im still emailing ecotrons. and I sent an email yesterday . hey remember that problem I emailed about a few weeks ago. they respond " send us some pics and stuff" . I respond " I did, a few weeks ago". they respond. hook it up stock read the manual . and let us know how it goes. well guess what genuises I did that three months ago when you gave me the same shitbox reply. besides getting maps here was/is the problem for those who might care or have insight. there is a wire from pulse coil/generator that sends the crank signal to the ecotrons ecu and or cdi. if you want to keep stock non ecu cotrolled ignition. you splice this wire and feed that same signal to stock cdi and ecotrons ecu. so right now this is how my bike is (barely) running. for ecotrons ecu controlled ignition ( highly preferred). the crank signal wire goes directly to ecotrons ecu and the modified signal from the ecotrons ecu goes to their cdi and coil. which they tell me I need but function wise it seems exactly the same as my stock parts..their cdi is plug and play which literally means as long as the crank pulse wire is still going to ecu I only have to hook up 1 wire. and thats the cdi output to ignition coil. sounds easy so far huh. so I hook up that one wire and it doesnt work. well ecotrons responds . I hooked it up wrong so read the manual and try again.. hey guess what. im a professional electrician. if I cant hook 1 wire to the hot side of a coil. then mabey I shouldnt have hooked up the rest of this kit with cdi bluetooth and wideband o2 sensor. here's what gets me though. the generic dc cdi shouldn't care where it gets its signal to fire from, whether its straight from the pulse coil . or pulse coil to ecotrons ecu modified by ecu and then to cdi. so I take the wire from the pulse coil ( which goes directly to stock cdi and take it directly to ecotrons cdi. and low and behold it works. it just doesnt work with the wire which supposedly is the ecotrons ecu modified signal wire . so I email them my findings. (btw I did continuity test on the wires harness end to harness ends) that it seems that the ecu isnt sending the/a correct signal to the cdi. guess what response I get. " read the manual hook it up like that and let us know what happens. so you can see my frustration here with them . unfortunately pulse coil signals and the like cant be measured with a traditional meter you need an oscilloscope which is the only way to confirm my suspicions. I was looking At a pocket oscilloscope on ebay. arm nano dso oscilloscope. but as ive never used an oscilloscope I have no idea whether this cheepo will be good enough .
satur9 is offline   Reply With Quote