Thread: Oh my God!
View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2021, 05:48 PM   #9
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
how badly drilled out is the bolt?

I know you said you tried an easy out but the tip broke off, did you get the tip back out by chance?

If you still have any meat left to bite into I would maybe try drilling straight through the bolt and try a different type of reverse out/easy out. I have a few different types and sometimes one works better than another for certain situations. One thing I learned over the years using reverse outs is that I really like to use my cordless drill that has a bunch of torque settings on it. I like to start on a low setting and every time it hits the limit I bump it up 1 notch at a time. This really helps make sure you are getting good bite and not just going to strip right through the bolt you are trying to remove.

Either way, I'd just keep drilling it out bigger and trying a bigger reverse out until it either came out or there was so little bolt left it practically breaks and falls out.

Had a crank shaft nut on an old rm125 give me a fit last year, no idea how it was on there so tight. I tried everything to the point that I put enough torque on it with my breaker bar I bent/twisted the crank shaft. I ended up drilling it and cracking it off.

Well good luck

I have purchased different style easy out bolt remover to try if I can get the broken part out. The bike owner took his bike home that day-I have 5 bikes here already--and I have not seen the bike since. He has offered to pay me to go thru the entire bike and fix what ever needs attention. I refused as I feel the bike will need more labor than the bike is worth. I offered for him to use my tools and garage to do the labor himself and I would "tutor" him when necessary. He has not returned as of my writing this post.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.