View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #20
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Welcome!! I'm pretty short too, 5'3". Kept mine at stock height and can put balls of my feet down on both sides, but I find it honestly easier and WAY more comfortable to keep my right foot on the peg/brake and flat foot on the left side. Once you get used to that, you are pretty much golden.

Also, the longer you ride the stronger your legs will get inevitably. When I first bought mine, it felt sooo heavy. Now, I feel like I can manhandle it. Don't worry about parking the bike, you either have to get creative parking, or get off and push, even though it looks weird. No shame in it, I do it all the time. Looks more silly to slip and drop your bike trying to backpedal than to get off and push it.

Parking tips that I use..try often as possible to pull through spaces so your front end is facing out, so no backpedaling involved. If you do need to backpedal, try to find an area that is very slightly downhill so the bike will work with you to back in. If it's uphill behind you, put the kickstand down, get off and push. If you are parking on the street, if there's enough space, try to pull in normally and then turn and stick bike out a bit back towards the roadway. That'll at least get you somewhat oriented and then you can quickly hop off and push if necessary.
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote