ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
\
You make a good point when you say that you looked "too far, too early." This is actually a common mistake and I think it stems from the concept of "look through the turn." I hear people say that all the time and while it is important to "look through the turn." I think it is equally important to mention that you need to look through the turn in stages in order to ensure that you make it to the points that you are aiming for. If you try to look foo far too soon then you can miss your turn in point or you can get lost in the middle of the turn.

What do you think is a better plan of action? Or how do you look through the turn in a way that doesn't leave you missing turn points or getting lost mid corner?
"Looking as far as possible had always worked for me on the streets, even in tight mountain corners. On an open track with no obstructions, you can often look 2-3 curves ahead, and though keeping your wide-scope vision in check..."Seeing" as far as possible doesn't mean to literally point your nose in the direction and "look" as far as possible. I like how you worded it, do it in stages.
That was my most painful track lesson, that here IS a limit to "look ahead as far as possible".
After making the mistake, I'm able to pick better apex turn in points and stagger my gaze as I move. I look at a spot until I know my bike is pointed there and going in that direction before I look ahead to the next turn-in point.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote