View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2010, 09:35 AM   #5
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

I actually just started going to the gym about a month ago, and the first thing I did was hit up a yoga class, since I'm naturally really flexible and figured improving my strength and balance could help my riding (Most of my self improvements somehow end up tying into riding ^^;; ). While my instructor describes the class as "yoga with a slight athletic twist," at it's core, Yoga's WAAAAAY more intense and difficult than I thought it would be. But it's also an amazing workout and I always feel incredibly refreshed afterwords.

It's funny- it looks so simple in movies when they just show some prissy housewife doing it in their spare time, and whenever I tell anyone about it, they associate it with easy stretches for pregnant women or something. But in actuality, holding upward facing dog for even just 2 minutes after 10-15 minutes straight of constant arm-centric exercises is straight up brutal- especially when you're out of shape

Good stuff. For those moments, I can be dripping with sweat, breathing really heavily, and yet completely at ease with myself. It's nice to have a routine that doesn't neglect a single muscle. Good to see it's helping you through some tough times. Keep on keepin' on
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote