Thread: New to 250's
View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2018, 02:36 PM   #1
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Name: Hector

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

New to 250's

I haven't ridden in about 14 years, previously owned bikes ranging from a YSR50, SV650S, a couple 600 CBR's and even a Silverwing scooter. I've had the itch to take on a small motorcycle project to tinker around with at my leisure. I had no time and little interest in getting back on a motorcycle for several years and honestly I'm more excited about the project than I am about getting back on the road.

I looked into some classic Japanese, small displacement road bikes from the mid to late 1970's. Everything I looked at was WAY too beat up and missing too many critical original parts. The bikes that were over my price range we're too nice (not enough project). I wanted to go with an air cooled v-twin under 500cc but my searching often led me to the EX250's.

After coming across this forum, I was pretty much sold. After searching for a few weeks I managed to pick up this 2007 with 7900 miles on it at a good price. It has a clean title and it's in good cosmetic shape. I don't know how well it is mechanically because the battery is dead, couldn't jump it. I should have a replacement battery this weekend. Aside from that it has an oil leak, looks like it's around the oil filter seal. Also the oil drain plug was over-tightened at some point so that part is also on order, hopefully it's not the case threads that were damaged <gulp>.

At any rate, here she is, before I start to get it up and running for it's impending modifications.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0544.JPG (212.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0541.JPG (206.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0546.JPG (213.3 KB, 4 views)
dodgerdad is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.