View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2022, 04:25 PM   #2
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherof2 View Post
I took the airbox boot out of the air box and also removed the carb again. I still could not get the boot onto the carb with both out of the bike!
Not sure how this is impossible... Make sure spring-clamps have been rolled off end of boot where they go over carbs. And also verify tubes aren't folded over inwards. Other than that, I can't image what could possibly be wrong.

Post some close-up photos of these boots, straight-on, from side and at 45-degree angle.

You maybe trying to do too much at once on bike. Break it up into separate stages:

1. shove carbs back in

2. insert left rubber manifold back onto head. Pay attention to orientation, it's marked which end faces head and which end faces carbs. Tighten clamp (right manifold should've stayed clamped to head)

3. Spray little silicone lube onto rubber manifolds. Shove carbs into manifolds, you should feel satisfying >clunk< as they slide into position

4. tighten clamps holding carbs to manifolds

5. squirt little silicone onto airbox boots that go over carbs.

6. gently slide and wiggle airbox boots over carbs. Might want to look from underneath with flashlight to verify boots haven't overlapped carbs and folded inwards. If so, reach in with long screwdriver and pry out folded-in section

7. roll spring-clamps over on airbox boots.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote