Old August 10th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #48
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Check out the giant Trance line. The X1 has the oversize head and a through-axle fork with fox shocks and pretty good components. Of you're looking for carbon, the Trance line also has the option of carbon with the Trance Advanced and Trance Advanced SL.

That's what I'll be looking at next. Or if I want something capable of drops and more than xc, the Reign is where it's at. Or the trek remedy. People really like the trek remedy. American made baby!
Posted via Mobile Device

Edit: also worth checking are the cannondales with the lefty fork. They're impressive as xc bikes go. Don't let the fork fool you, they're very solid and very capable for xc riding. I got a chance to talk to and ride with the owner of one when I was at a local mtb park. He loves it and says it's more rigid than any of the standard forks he's used and he totally doesn't even notice that it's a lefty
I looked at the Giant Trance bikes. The X4 is the only one I can afford. Would you recommend it? It seems to have good reviews. Might try one out this weekend if I can find a local dealer. I'm planning a bit mtb this sept and was going to rent a bike... maybe I'll buy this instead!
akima is offline   Reply With Quote