View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:32 PM   #150
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Player View Post
I got this sucker to fit pretty good with minimal mods. All I did was use the smaller rubber bumpers for the front instead of the rear. For the rear I used some adhesive vinyl bumpers (used for the bottoms of table or chair legs) which I put over the holes. The fit is perfect and it doesn't seem to want to come loose when I shake it around.
It may have been posted here already but I also notice the rubber grommet in the rear that holds the peg in place must be in a certain way. If its upside down it will always come out when you remove the cowl, however if it is in correctly it will stay in no matter how many times you remove the cowl.
My factory passenger seat lost both rubber bushings withing three days of owning the bike. I replaced them under warranty and didn't even add glue (originally there was a little bit visible from the factory) and they stayed on for 10K miles with no sign of ever coming off... and I lift my seat at every stop! I actually use my helmet hooks, you see.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote