Thread: Fueling help
View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2022, 04:04 PM   #4
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Don't worry, many expert mechanics have had to pull carbs 4-5x for ever deeper cleaning before they were factory-fresh clean! One guy had to pull them 10 TIMES!! Might as well do complete restoration job 1st time around. I missed 1st race of my 2nd season because I thought I had "cleaned carbs" sufficiently, nope... Luckily, I had 2nd set of carbs professionally refurbished by ducatiman. Swapped those in and was able to do my remaining races that day and next.

Parts that you can replace are only 5% of job. Needs to scrub entire fuel flow-path from beginning to end. Some of those hidden secret passages have 90-degree bends you can't get scrub-brush through. Thus ultrasonic cleaner. Disassemble emulsion tubes pilot-jets from carbs and poke out all bleed holes with soft copper-wire. Dried petrol gets pushed out like little grains of sand. Your model has solid emulsion tube, but should still be scrubbed out inside.

Don't forget petcock. If carbs are dirty, petcock most likely also. Replace screens, seals. Make sure petcock flows sufficiently, otherwise brand-new factory-fresh carbs still won't work.

Also replace internal filtre. Many are wadded up from being installed backwards.

Best to replace with inline filtre that can be inspected easily. Got pack/10 for cheap from off-road shoppe.

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote