Thread: Fueling help
View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2022, 06:06 PM   #26
blackiredi
ninjette.org member

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R (track), '20 Street Triple 765 (street), '12 CRF150R SM (racing)

EDIT: found where it goes. Finally found a video where it was clearly there behind the synch adjust screw. ONWARD!

OK. Race weekend. No carb work to date other than getting parts in the mail.

I got an email that said DannoXYZ commented on the needles even though I can't see it here. Thank you for that.

SO, my new air valve (deceleration) diaphragm came in the mail. Turns out the spring that cam with it is the same size as the one the previous owner had between the choke levers. (You can see how it is all weird in my previous post. I compared it to Ducatiman's air valve picture and it the same. SO, I have three springs.

One is the longest- seems to be decelerations air valve spring.
Then there are the two I posted earlier. I assume the longest of those two is the spring between the chokes. It seems to fit well there. Then there is the shortest one. It is not for the needles and it is not for the synch screw.

"The shorter one goes between the 2 carbs, separating the throttle shafts." Where is this exactly? I don't see another external spring on any pictures I can find.

I am hopeful the wrong spring being in the deceleration valve is the root of my problems once this is all back together.
blackiredi is offline   Reply With Quote