View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2022, 10:34 AM   #9
Mauricemonge
ninjette.org member

Name: Maurice

Motorcycle(s): bastardized ninja 250 (think land speed record with a sidecar) soon to swap a 500 engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Ah pre-gen... '95-07 ignitors had 38-degree advance so you're at 42.5 now. You can re-pin the connector and use '88-94 ignitor for 42-degree igntion.

Use the wideband, you'd be amazed at how much more accurate it is than reading-plugs, which is just an average. Especially if it has datalogging. Just do couple runs at different throttle-openings, dump memory and draw pretty graphs. I find I usually have to adjust in opposite directions, remove fuel in some areas while increasing in others.
Looks like ninjette site goes down intermittently, I wasn’t able to post.
I jetting all the way up to a 125 main. It felt rich and I was slowing down. I went back down to a 120 and it feels good, but it still blows my mind that a jet that big even works. Unfortunately I don’t have time to get a wideband on it before I leave for my 1,250 mile Colorado trip. But I’ll try to get some fresh plugs and chop them at different running loads and rpm’s. I’ll also bring a set of jets to Colorado, I’ll be heading up pikes peak (14,000’) and I may need to jet down for that.
Mauricemonge is offline   Reply With Quote