jcgss77
Its not a 250,its a Ninja

Name: Shaun

Motorcycle(s): '12 Ninja Kaw, '22 CFMOTO 300NK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelhere123 View Post
So I bought this bike used at 5k miles. No issues Good start up smooth shifts
I’ve put around 120 miles on it.
One day while riding on a 60 mph street I accelerated fast to get away from traffic but when I came to a red light my bike turned off. I put it back in neutral turned on and forgot about it. Today it happened to me again twice back to back. I came home and couldn’t get the bike back on without giving throttle and only after a few tries. While on it would struggle to idle and turn off. After I got it on and it idles decently I took it around and I noticed acceleration was very off struggling constantly feeling like it was getting no power. After a little while it got a little back to normal but still have problems turning on without giving gas. I’m pretty sure it’d turn off on me again if I took off on that high way the same way .
Any ideas? Carb ? Spark Plug? Battery ?
Welcome to the forum!

What work did you do prior to riding it-meaning did you service it at all, or just start running it after purchase? I would personally replace the air filter, pull the carbs, break them down by removing the top and bottom end of them, soak them overnight in the gallon container of Berryman's Chem-Dip (get this at an auto parts store), clean them up after bathing with a can or two of carb cleaner spray, do the same with the jets and carb bowls, and clean up all the parts you see there. DEFINITELY change the oil and filter, K&N filter can be easily bought at Advance Auto, typically it is in stock and on the shelf.

NOTE-On the '08 the needles and jets are carb-side specific, so definitely do not mix them up, the bike will run worse if you don't pay good attention.

If you have not already, be sure to read this link for DIY if you do your own work: https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5586

EDIT-Also read this link, even if the carb info is from the older 250's, the carbs are very much the same except for some small differences. The ideas and techniques will be identical though- https://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Ninja250_Howto
jcgss77 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.