View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2022, 06:55 PM   #1
lordhelemt
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): A few

Noob Carb Question

I recently picked up a non-running 2008 Ninja 250. I'm waiting on the FSM and may have gotten ahead of myself. I'm pretty good at bringing carbs back to life since I'm fortunate enough to have a professional ultrasonic cleaner. That said, this is my first time playing with this carb. I cleaned the carb, thought everything was good, but the bike won't start.

After reading some posts here I learned that the needle jets are sided. Not sure if mine were in the right spot (N9VW and N9VU) and I didn't realize the needle seals 16017 come out (I just recovered mine out of the bottom of the ultrasonic cleaner).

Pulled the carb again and will insert the seals, double check the needles, float is good at 17mm (if that is the correct setting) and go over it once again and hopefully it will start this time.

My question is are any of the other jets/components sided like the needles? Also there is a long hose that attaches between the carbs, is that just a vent hose or does it need to be hooked to anything (pic attached)?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get this bike running.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image0 (53).jpg (113.6 KB, 2 views)
lordhelemt is offline   Reply With Quote