View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2022, 11:20 AM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

EX250J / EX250K replacement battery info

When I parked my 2008 Ninja 250 about a decade ago, I had just purchased a new battery. For the first year or so I would occasionally start the bike or connect a battery tender, but it’s been neglected for about 8 years now so it will definitely need to be replaced… even at 0 miles.

I noticed that a local salvage store recently got a ton of new, unactivated batteries (electrolyte is still separate) including power sports batteries. I saw a couple that might be correct but I haven’t been back since looking up the actual details. Might as well share them here for anyone else doing a search.

The 2008 year model included 6AH Yuasa YTX7A-BS with a foam pad underneath to slightly elevate it but it can easily fit the slightly-taller 8AH Yuasa YTX9-BS or Furukawa Battery FTX9-BS from the later year models (also used in Ninja 300/400)… just ditch the foam pad. It’s obviously a bit heavier with the taller battery which might be why the ZX-25R switched back to Yuasa YTX7A-BS with a foam riser (I checked ).
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote