View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2022, 01:57 PM   #21
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runeknight95 View Post
I feel a few things are incorrect, the leaking gas floods the carbs and affects operation to some extent
Also its been a over a year and still the petcock still has not flooded my carbs. And whose to say how long the next spring will last, and you cant even buy the spring you need to buy the entire unit.

After reading your thread I'm assuming you're arguing which piece is actually failing, the spring or the Teflon sealing material and that stretching the spring was an incorrect fix? If the vacuum is strong enough to open against this spring, and it is create a stronger seal against that Teflon part you had a problem with, I don't see the issue.
Because the Teflon ring is incomplete: C-shaped instead of O-shaped. You can’t seal against a ring when it isn’t even a ring anymore.

Like you, I replaced mine and it appeared to be working. Even with the known-bad one, my carbs never appeared to be flooded but my oils did smell like gas. After several years and ZERO miles on the new petcock I found the tank completely empty. I suspect you don’t find flooded carbs because it makes its way out and into the cylinders without obviously overflowing the carbs. If you drain them first you’d never know.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote