View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2022, 03:23 PM   #8
Zpatton
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): ‘08 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Nice! Try as I might, I can’t find anything like that with Amazon’s search. It’s like they are deliberately excluding it from my results. eBay works a lot better for me and even there I seem to have trouble. For example, I couldn’t find the replica lock sets when I searched over a month ago but when I searched again a week ago they popped up… along with a seller who has original genuine lock sets for $24.01.

On that note, you said you needed ignition and the lock set includes that along with matching tank and seat locks plus two Kawasaki-branded keys and extras (cable/striker for the rear seat). Maybe you can find someone local who bought a full exhaust and get their headers/exhaust for cheap. If it helps expand your options, I have seen people with a Ninja 300 exhaust slipped on to their 2008-2012 250 but I don’t know if the headers will swap too. Of course, the 300 will have an O2 sensor in the pipe for fuel injection where only some of the 2008-2012 250s did.
I bought the ignition and lock set from FDB you posted actually so thank you for that.

As far as headers go there’s a few places I was told to check out around the DFW area, kinda like graveyards, but there is a OEM set on eBay for what I assume is a reasonable price. I didn’t even notice until today that the headers this bike has weren’t OEM, plus they weren’t fully seated onto the flanges. Kinda disconcerting if you think about it considering I need this bike for commuting.

When I get a chance tonight I’ll start putting together some of the pictures I have, take some video, and put it all together into a separate thread so I can catalog what all is going on right now. Hopefully that’ll make it easier for you guys to see what I am doing right and wrong and assist me too.
Zpatton is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.