View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2022, 06:37 PM   #11
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Best upgrade for bikes is either HID projector retrofit or headlights specifically designed for LED. I just installed these Motodynamic LED headlights on my CBR600RR. Extremely good vision with beam spread across both lanes. Sharp horizontal cut-off and no near-field close-up brightness to distract from distance viewing (skip to 3:50 for field test)
Yeah. Projectors create their own beam pattern and cut-off, so you can sometimes retrofit them where HID non-projectors would be inappropriate. It requires splitting open the whole enclosure and re-sealing to retrofit them though:

Actually, there are replica headlight assemblies available now and some vendors sell them with HID projectors already installed.

I did actually find that I have a THIRD headlight assembly with the H7 adapters. I vaguely recall sending some to someone many years ago so these are probably my only ones now. While looking I also found that I have a Ninja 300 windscreen for some unknown reason. I have no recollection of this but it would’ve had to be something I got when the 300 was just introduced! It has a crack so I probably got it to experiment with adding a modern headlight and windscreen to the F-bike… and I never got around to it.

Edit: Third one found…

Last futzed with by CZroe; September 18th, 2022 at 10:34 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote