View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2022, 07:20 PM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

My new clutch cable had no adjustment range remaining at 32,000 miles, meaning my clutch was probably wearing out (not a stretched cable). The cable was new because the first one frayed and broke several thousand miles earlier. After buying the new one I got the old one repaired and continued using it to preserve the new one.

I had to replace the brake pads about four times and the rotors twice, though I think something went wrong with the first replacement causing abnormal wear. When I changed the pads once myself I could tell that my calipers were not looking too good with lots of pitting and wear on the pistons… though I wasn’t equipped to deal with it and just had to do a pad-slap. Still, the dealer’s service center just slapped the next set of pads on there and didn’t say anything about the condition of the rest as if there was nothing to be concerned with. This was all over ten years ago when I was still commuting daily on the bike (purchased new).

Other things that needed replacement in that time:
Every rubber wellnut except the two visible on the windscreen (same size; different part number).
The rubber trip reset button cover on the gauge cluster.
The rubber bumpers on the passenger seat (never fully installed by the factory so they fell out)
The battery.
The fork seals.
Tires (of course).
Petcock (replacement failed too after zero miles but years of storage)
Cam chain tensioner (mine developed a noisy cam chain until replacing/resetting this)

My valves needed to be adjusted when we checked around 29,000 but I don’t know what the service centers found in the past valve checks. I always asked for the measurements before/after but they never gave any.

Last futzed with by CZroe; September 21st, 2022 at 10:40 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote