View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #152
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

My experience with the passenger seat tells me that if you insert them fully they will not come back out. Basically, Kawi didn't install them right. I lost BOTH of them on my seat within a week of owning the bike. There was adhesive around them that was clearly meant to secure them as a secondary measure. When the dealer replaced them under warranty I twisted and twisted until cone pieces snapped fully into the holes on the passenger seat. Then, I drove 12,000 miles, using the helmet hooks under the seat up to several times a day and never had a problem since. I didn't even add more adhesive. It was pretty hard to get them all the way in. It even seems like it's impossible to fit them but I assure you that it is. The rubber cone pieces just seem too fat to fit and the stem seems like it compresses too easily to force it. IIRC, I just smashed it down HARD and repeatedly twisted.

I even asked on Kawi forums and many people never realized that there was supposed to be rubber dampers there.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote