View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #197
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2015 BMW R1200R, 08 Honda VFR800A (sold), 09 Ninja 250R (sold)

i kind of wrote what i did in this thread on post 137. i think what i did was take off the rubber feet from the front (you didn't shave the rear rubber stoppers did you?)

then i took a long socket over the front pin. i hit the socket a few times to bend the bracket it sits on. i kept test fitting it. i was trying to bend it down until it wouldn't catch anymore. then i slightly bent the bar back up until it was JUST able to catch the latch. after that, i started building up the rubber disks on both sides until there was no more rocking. the disks are a kind-of-sort-of soft rubber, so i made it so that i had to push down to squish the rubber a little bit to get the latch to catch.

but yeah, i tossed those stock rubber thingys and used only those disks. it looked a little ghetto but it worked great. besides how often is anyone going to see those rubber thingys? but yeah, you can try to just build up on top of it.

hope i was able to explain myself clearly. that putting the long socket over the pin wasn't my idea. i came across a thread way back somewhere. good luck.
Sound Wave is offline   Reply With Quote