Put your computer near your bike.
Take a nap. (blegh)
Watch the video.
Drink some coffee.
Get the manual. Follow it.
Do your valve job.
Go to sleep. Ni ni
Wake up, ride bike. Be happy.

The important part here is to keep watching until you understand. Then, attempt.
Make sure you understand before you do it, and get everythign together FIRST!
It helps more than you will ever know!

It's a simple procedure for the mechanically inclined but still very easy to mess up an engine if you get it wrong. You could potentially throw off the timing, causing valves to open when a piston is at top dead center, tweaking the valve or ceasing the engine or something.

I like to turn it over several times by hand first to make sure all is good before firing it up live on video in case something ever does go wrong.. so I can maybe see if anyone heard what it was.
If anything ever happens it will likely be a timing thing and ruin a valve or two..
I'm always very careful about picking debris from the mix and very cautious about fluids.
That's the easy stuff. Just don't forget anything!!!

After all these valve jobs I'm getting a clear picture of how our little engine works.
I'm starting to wonder if I can't build one myself or do some mods like porting.
Kinda cool, I never understood all this stuff before but now it just clicked.

Wait until it comes time to get to the GSXR valves. I'm actually looking forward to that.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote