View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #54
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Glad you got home safe.
I'm not the guru, I learned it all online. I'm just good with tools and electro-mechanical things.
I didn't get a chance to ride your bike up idyllwild for an hour to make sure nothing was missed Normally I should ride that thing around a bit to ensure all my own work is solid and correct.

You saw how I have to double check all the seating on the hoses for whatever reason these things do that too.

Lots of little things here and there.
Keep your eyes on her the next few days. Report anything directly to my text!
I didn't get to beat it around to be 1000% sure everything seated back up correctly.
Give it a couple hundred miles before you hammer it again, just go easy for a bit. Watch for fluids etc. when you get out to the bike int he morning... especially. (after having all night to leak)

Double check your fan is coming back on when it heats up also.. if it even gets hot with all that engine ice stuff you guys keep buying.

Look for oil leaking around the valve cover too. Should be all sealed up well with the new grey honda bond on the right side and none on the left.

triple check oil level and coolant tomorrow at Adrian's

All your inlet valves were in spec and all your exh valves were out of spec at .18mm lash. measured before adjustment.

Still have yet to find a Ninja250 Engine that did not need the adjustment.

Bringing them by earlier at 6500 miles would not hurt you, to catch the valves before they fall from spec. Preventative maintenance. Your bike will love you.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote