View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #68
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Guys, I'm sorry.
I can't do the 12 hour valve adjustments anymore for $100.

I don't have the shims on hand.

If you guys want to refill my shim kit and then bring your bikes in when the shims arrive, I can do the 12 hour valve jobs.

I just don't have any more shims or money to order a bunch extras when they cost $11 ea.

Each bike could potentially use 8 shims which is $88 and I only charge you guys $100 for the valve jobs in 12 hours.

It's gonna start looking like 7 days in the garage plus money up front to order your shims from now on. Max $88 for shims and I will refund the difference if you didn't need all 8.
Have to cover my own ass. I Can't be paying to do your valves. lol

Unless you guys want to refill my shim kit, then I can do them in 12 hours again..
I'm not paying for it though up front. I don't have the capitol to keep all your shims on hand while making such profit margins on your valve jobs.

I am clear out of the four most used shim sizes for our ninjette.. but I can still do your valves if you want to leave your bike here while I order your shims that you pay for.

You are still safer having me do them than your local mechanic most likely.. and I'll still do them for $100, if you guys buy the shims.

Either that, or SoCal can chip in and refill my shim kit... and the days of the $100 12 hour valve job may continue.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote