View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2011, 06:58 AM   #69
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

If I had 10 of each of those four shim sizes I'd be back in business for a good long while but that's $440.

For what it's worth, I had 3 of each of those four sizes and it got me through 7 valve jobs at $100 each.

You guys can start figuring out some math from there.

I could potentially get through 21 valve jobs on $400 worth of shims bringing me $1700 after paying for the shims and doing all the work.

I just can't afford $440 worth of shims right now.
That is what a hefty refill of ten each of popular Ninjette sized shims will cost me.

I don't want to file anymore shims. Period. It seems to work but I don't want to do it anymore, just in case. CYA. Cover your ass. I don't want to get in trouble. I don't mind filed shims in my bikes but not for customers anymore. I won't do it.

Also any more valve jobs have to be accompanied by a waiver/consent form.
I can't be responsible if I do manage to ruin your engine on accident.
I'm broke and paying for a $15,000 super sport bike... You guys don't have anything to sue me for if you do want money from me.

On the bright side, who would bring their bikes to me anymore if I ruined one?
That would be the last thing I would want to do, ruin your valves and mess up my reputation as a valve job mechanic!

You guys can still bring your bikes for valves, but be aware there is now a shim waiting procedure and you have to pay for your shims now.

The guys who got out of here for $100 in 12 hours got lucky and a cheap break! haha.
It's still $100, but now you have to leave your bike a week and pay for your shims too.

I'll ask santa for a new shim kit and maybe I can do 12 hour valves again next year.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote