View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2011, 08:12 AM   #74
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-os View Post
FYI. I believe these are the correct size shims. Much cheaper than ordering OEM Kawasaki shims.
You are still paying nearly $70-$80 and it may not contain all the shims you needed.

What if you need 8 shims and the kit only has three of the eight you need?

Quote:
My local dealer quoted me $175 for the adjustment plus shim cost.
That is potentially another $88, depending on where you get the shims.
I wouldn't expect any of the moron dealers around here to stock them so I get them online.

I am also replacing spark plugs, flushing the radiator with new coolant and changing the oil and filter while I do the valve jobs. Add more cost for those expendables.. and the buckets of oil lining up in my garage.

Plus, do you trust your local dealer?

Trust me guys, I have this figured out and I'm making less than your garage on it while you wait/watch. Otherwise you can do them yourselves or have the dealers do them.

I don't make a good chunk of change doing it so it doesn't matter to me honestly.
It's a few extra bucks here and there is what it ends up being.

I can't pay you to do your valves.
If I continue the way I'm going, that is what will be happening.
Something has to give. You guys have to wait a week and buy your own shims if you want me to do your valves now, or refill my shim kit. A or B. Option C is somewhere else. I am not a free shim dispensary. I need particular sizes of shims for these bikes, not whole kits missing the possible amount of sizes I need.

I do lots of these valve jobs and this is the way things are shaping up to be.
I'm not trying to rip anyone.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote