View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #25
walty87
ninjette.org guru

Name: andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Change the clutch yourself. Do not even think about paying that kind of money to have a shop repair it. Its an easy process. You can try and see if it is covered under warentee but i doubt it, Its not a malfuntioning part, you just burned it up.

A few tips are pay attention to the order of how the plates and friction plates come out. Order and replace the springs at the same time, while i am sure your springs are fine its best to change them out while you are in there. Order a gasket, Do not count on reusing the one that is on it now. Make sure you get all the gasket gunk off all the parts.

The most important thing is, if you plan on doing the work at a friends house and you leave the parts at home and lets say a friend picks them up for you, check his backpack to make sure you have all the friction plates. Dont try for hours to use only 4 plates getting pissed off your clutch is still not working only to discover at 3 am at an ihop that he still has one of the plates. While it makes a funny story and well you cant be mad as he was doing you a favor it still kind of sucks. dont ask me how i know
Thanks, I ordered new plates. I hope that's all I need. Do I need any super special tools? I looked at the pre gen DIY clutch replacement. If its anything like that, should be easy
walty87 is offline   Reply With Quote