View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:24 AM   #2
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarodVoss View Post
My buddy has a 2002 ninja 250 and I have a 2011 ninja 250 his little brother got ahold of the keys and broke his key off my ignition tried to get the key out wouldn't come so I decided to try and hot wire it (dumb idea) I know that you need a 100 ohm resistor somewhere in the ignition system but I can't figure out how to I get the bike to turn over without the resistor but won't crank how do you wire the resistor into the ignition system. New system costs 250$ don't have the money cause my transmission in my truck went out so now my truck and bike are useless to me. Any help is needed thanks
I'm sorry that I can't help you with your main question, but you can buy a new ignition for much cheaper than $250. Mine has minor issues in the winter when water/condensation freezes inside the turning mechanisms so I was looking at replacements. You can get them as low as $55 and high as $100.

Also, I've been told that if you can find JUST the ignition, you can take it to a locksmith and have it re-keyed to your old set so you wouldn't need multiple keys for the same bike. I don't know how true this is but it might help you.
NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote