View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #146
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post
thanks, i sold it a bit back. that bike belongs to isthreefitty now. no telling what condition it is in anymore. i just pray he didn't put any autobot stickers like he was thinking.

no need for a vice. you just gotta build up the two ends of the bracket a bit. then just put a long socket over the pin... then just whack it a few times with a hammer.

i kept playing with it until the lock wouldn't catch anymore, then i bent it straighter very slightly. i was still able to utilize the helmet hook under the cowl.

yeah, i am one of those that the gap really bothered. i can't stand stuff like that. drives me nuts. if your concern is the air lifting it off the bike, i think you are ok the way it is in the pics.
Off to bed

but before i do... Hmmm ok, i was thinking that if i Played with the Gap alil bit... once i get it just right, wouldnt it Make the Rear Nipple fit better and tighter (causing it to rub/push more on the edges of the rubber grommet Hole)??? Also like i mentioned earlier, that rubber rear grommet the Pin fits through. How was the fit when you would put your passenger rear seat back on, as you slide the rear part onto the back Tab plate? Mine is tight as hell and taking the rear passenger seat OFF can be pretty hard, Lots of HEMAN force needed to pull it off/back!

I was thinking of cutting that rubber grommet alil bit, into a " D " like shape, to give the rear passenger seat Tab, more room to 'slide' backwards into place! What do you guys think? (before i go Hack-Saw,Jim Duggan' on it)

HOOOOOOEEEEEE!!!!!!
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote