View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:15 PM   #103
RyderRider15
Ate his own face. Twice.

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2009 KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
The Keith Code bike was built to disprove those who discount the reality of countersteering. When using the bars that are fixed to the bike with the duplicate throttle and brake cables, the rider is asked to try and ride the bike like normal, but without being able to countersteer (as the bars are fixed). Body weight is the only thing that can change direction. What people find out very quickly is that it only works at very, very gentle speeds, and very, very gentle turns. When the speeds ramp up to anything approaching normal or faster, it becomes immediately clear that countersteering is not just a nice to have, it's a requirement to initiate the turn.
Also worth noting is even at those slower turns the bike is just counter steering itself from the movements in the bars.

Anyway counter steering is how EVERYONE turns a bike. People who say they don't do it either aren't turning their bikes very much or don't know they're doing it.

I highly suggest twist of the wrist 2, I learned more from this DVD than I did in MSF.