shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
Looks like your making progress !
Keep up the good work !
I sure hope you don't get tired of that color though ! definitely not the color I would have chosen....but what ever floats your boat ! if you like it then that's the best color for it !
myself I'd just rattle canned it black with no sanding and called it good enough
I mean it's a bike, and it's going to get scratched up anyway right ? so make it easy to match the color ! LOL
are you going to clear coat that thing as well ?
I remember My Dad when he had a body shop going and did a bunch of car painting ( he was colorblind and could match paint like none other) this one car he painted has 20 coats of clearcoat and boy did it look good ! gave it a thick luster that was exposed on every curve... even though the color was black lacker with the clear coat it really looked good.
the owner was ecstatic and loved it... ....Dad could paint a metallic color
and get the coat on there so even it was unreal he had a true gift for that !
he said he could see the thickness by the shade of the paint.....
if I remember right Green was red to him and red was actually red....
he had several color screwups but that was normal to him but man could that guy paint.... he was the best painter in the northstate but he preferred to do body work not the painting it was the challenge to make that fender smooth with as little filler as necessary , that really turned him on...
he taught me alot about that stuff but my interest was keeping the thing running or running better ! not repairing the wrinkles ! LOL
driving around with primer on my truck to stop the rust never bothered me one bit ! ...
Bob.......
Yes, all of them will have 4/6 layer of Gloss clear coat on top of them
I'm also will be adding some black Kawasaki Ninja 250 Decals and more layer of clear coat and Rim Stripes Wheel Decals to black wheel and add a underglow kit too that will be Green or White.
I want to do in Kawasaki Lime Green, but paint was $30 a can the was looking for other option of lime green the close was neon green I didn't like way it looks after paint and clear coat at all so next option was chameleon color shift called Turquoise Waters from Rust oleum but it $15 a can and I was only to find 3 can local and I did want black being every dose that.
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote